According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), an Applied Health Research Question (AHRQ) is a question posed by a health system policy maker or provider in order to obtain research evidence to inform planning, policy and program development that will benefit the entire Ontario health system.
ICES is one of several research centres and teams funded by the Research, Analysis and Evaluation Branch of MOH. As a health services research institute that holds Ontario’s administrative data, ICES is well positioned to respond to AHRQs that directly involve the use of ICES data holdings.
ICES invites organizations seeking research evidence to inform planning, the provision of services, policy and/or program development in Ontario’s health and health care system to submit an AHRQ at any time during the year. Eligible organizations are referred to as ‘Knowledge Users’. Knowledge Users include but are not limited to:
- Policy development staff, planners and decision makers from the MOH
- Other government ministries
- Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs)
- Hospitals (acute and rehabilitation)
- Community Care Access Centres
- Provincial associations and agencies across Ontario (e.g., Ontario Brain Institute)
Preparing Your AHRQ Request
If you have questions about AHRQs and the AHRQ process, please contact email@example.com.