The ICES Atlas on Cancer Surgery in Ontario by the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES) is now available on the ICES website.
This research gives Ontario health service providers, policy makers, and the public new information on patterns of surgical care for Ontarians with cancer including regional distribution of services, types of providers and their scope of practice. This research was undertaken to support ongoing improvements in quality and accessibility of care for Ontarians being treated for cancer with a special focus on cancer related surgery.
All media are invited to attend a technical briefing on the Atlas.
When: Monday, November 24, 2008 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
Where: Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), 620 University Avenue, 15th floor boardroom
Hosted by: Dr. David Urbach, Lead Author of the ICES Atlas on Cancer Surgery in Ontario Also participating are:
- Dr. Jan Hux, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Scientist, ICES
- Terrence Sullivan, PhD, President & CEO, CCO
- Dr. Jonathan Irish, Provincial Head, Surgical Oncology, CCO
- Dr. Robin McLeod, Surgical Lead, Quality Improvement & Knowledge Transfer, Surgical Oncology Program, CCO
Please confirm your attendance with Lenore Bromley, Senior Advisor, Public Affairs, CCO by email:[email protected] or by phone at 416-971-9800 x. 3383.
Currently, only the online version of the Atlas is available. Hard copies of the Atlas will be available on Tuesday, December 2, 2008.
- If you are unable to attend in person, you can connect via conference call by dialing:
- Local: 416 -620-7077
- Long Distance: 1 866-834-7685
- Passcode: 3809618
ICES is an independent, non-profit organization that uses population-based health information to produce knowledge on a broad range of health care issues. Our unbiased evidence provides measures of health system performance, a clearer understanding of the shifting health care needs of Ontarians, and a stimulus for discussion of practical solutions to optimize scarce resources. ICES knowledge is highly regarded in Canada and abroad, and is widely used by government, hospitals, planners and, practitioners to make decisions about care delivery and to develop policy.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
- Gary Spencer
- Director, Reporting & Knowledge Transfer
- Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES)
- P: 416-480-4055 x. 1-2109
- E: [email protected]
- Lenore Bromley
- Senior Advisor, Public Affairs
- Cancer Care Ontario
- P: 416-971-9800 x. 3383
- C: 647-388-5050
- E: [email protected]