ICES is a not-for-profit research institute encompassing a community of research, data and clinical experts, and a secure and accessible array of Ontario's health-related data.
Our mission is translating data into trusted evidence that makes policy and health care better and people healthier.
Our vision is improved health and health care for everyone through world-leading research and analytics.
- We strive for excellence — demonstrated by the quality, innovation and rigour of our work.
- We behave with integrity — expressed through independence, transparency and impartiality.
- Our work is relevant — by providing actionable and timely analyses that lead to improved health equity, outcomes and value and are responsive to health priorities.
- We collaborate — through effective partnerships, accessible data and a spirit of openness.
- We are respectful — exemplified by inclusiveness and appreciation of each other, trust data stewardship, meaningful public engagement and alignment with Ontarians’ values and accountability for our funding.