ICES has been engaged in a strategic review that has provided us with an opportunity to engage with internal and external stakeholders and test a number of new strategic directions that we are developing for the future.
One early result of that review has been the crafting of Error: Expected single child node to be of type Text; got tag statements, as well as a new tagline—Data – Discovery – Better Health Care (see above)—to accompany the redesigned logo we introduced in 2013.
ICES is a not-for-profit research institute encompassing a community of research, data and clinical experts and a secure and accessible array of Ontario's health-related data. Our mission is research excellence resulting in trusted evidence that makes policy better, health care stronger and people healthier.
Our vision is to be a world-leading institute where data and discovery improve health and health care.
- Excellence — demonstrated by the quality, innovation and rigour of our work.
- Integrity — expressed through independence, transparency and impartiality.
- Relevance — by providing high-value, timely results that are responsive to health priorities
- Collaboration — through effective partnerships, accessible data and a spirit of openness.
- Respect — exemplified by responsible stewardship, inclusiveness and appreciation of each other.