- ICES Queen's
- Cardiovascular Research Program
- Research Fellowship, Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of Western Ontario
- FRCPC, Cardiology, Queen's University
- FRCPC, Internal Medicine, Queen's University
- MD, Dalhousie University
- BSc, University of New Brunswick
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Access to health care
- Health policy/reform
- Professor of Medicine, Vice-Dean (clinical), School of Medicine, and Chief of Cardiology, Queen's University
- Medical Director, Cardiac Programs, Kingston General Hospital and Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston
- Medical Director, Southeastern Ontario Academic Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Association representative to the World Medical Association (as of 2017)
- Past-President (2014-15), Canadian Medical Association
Recent ICES Grants
Principal investigators: Johri A, Simpson C
Queen's University Department of Medicine,
Principal investigator: Johnson A, Dowlatshahi D, Schulman S
Canadian Institutes of Health Research,
Co-investigators: Giulivi A, Heddle N, Holbrook A, Simpson C, Wells P, Xu Y
Medical Post Power List
2015: Dr. Chris Simpson included in the Medical Post's "Power List" of the 30 most powerful physicians in Canada, identified through a survey of their peers. The list was included in the 50th anniversary issue of the journal published in September.
Canadian Medical Association Award for Young Leaders
2004: Awarded to Dr. Chris Simpson. The award is presented to young physician leaders who have demonstrated exemplary dedication, commitment and leadership.
Recent ICES Publications
Xu Y, Schulman S, Dowlatshahi D, Holbrook AM, Simpson CS, Shepherd LE, Wells PS, Giulivi A, Gomes T, Mamdani M, Khuu W, Frymire E, Johnson AP; Bleeding Effected by Direct Oral Anticoagulants (BLED-AC) Study Group. Chest. 2017; Feb 17 [Epub ahead of print].
Lee DS, Hardy J, Yee R, Healey JS, Birnie D, Simpson CS, Crystal E, Mangat I, Nanthakumar K, Wang X, Krahn AD, Dorian P, Austin PC, Tu JV; Investigators of the Ontario ICD Database. Circ Heart Fail. 2015; 8(5):927-37. Epub 2015 Jul 29.
Czarnecki A, Prasad TJ, Wang J, Wijeysundera HC, Cheema AN, Džavík V, Natarajan MK, Simpson CS, So DY, Syed J, Tu JV, Ko DT. Open Heart. 2015; 2:e000200.