COLLABORATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Within the Government of Ontario, the MH&A Program has a primary partnership with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Mental health service provision, however, is multi-sectoral. Consequently, the MH&A Program has partnerships with a number of other Ministries, including Children and Youth Services, Education, and Community and Social Services.
The scientists either have affiliations with or have collaborated with a large number of academic institutions:
- Dr. Kurdyak, the Program Lead, is also a scientist and clinician at CAMH, the largest mental health hospital and research institute in Canada.
- Dr. Cairney is a faculty member and scientist at McMaster University.
- Dr. Vigod is a clinician and scientist at Women’s College Research Institute and Women’s College Hospital.
Scientists engaged in mental health and addictions research are also affiliated with the following academic institutions:
- Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids
- London Health Sciences Centre
- Hamilton Health Sciences
- St Joseph’s Hospital (Hamilton)
- University Health Network (Toronto)
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto)
- St. Michael’s Hospital (Toronto)
- Kingston General Hospital
- Ottawa Hospital
Other partners include:
- Ontario Drug Policy and Research Network (ODPRN)
- Offord Centre for Child Studies
- CanChild Centre for Studies in Childhood Disability
- the Canadian Academy of Psychiatric Epidemiology (Dr. Cairney is current President)
- Canadian Psychiatric Association
- the Mental Health Commission of Canada