Data. Discovery. Better Health.
We’ve got the data. Only ICES holds all of Ontario’s 18 billion health related records – comprised of nearly a trillion data points!
We’ve made improvements to health. As a world-leading research institute, our trusted evidence changes policy and practice…and patient lives.
We need you for the discovery part.
Your skills, knowledge and curiosity can change the future of health care.
Come discover your value.
Functional Area: Research Administration
ICES is currently seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented and dedicated research administrative coordinator with strong administrative experience in a research, academic or health-care setting to join our Research Administration team. The research administrative coordinator reports to the manager, executive office and research administration and enables research activities by providing administrative support to multiple core scientists and senior level staff across ICES.
Responsibilities of the position may include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinates/schedules meetings and appointments using MS Outlook, including room bookings, and coordinates catering, as required
- Liaises with internal/external stakeholders to book meetings for scientists and directors
- Prepares materials and slide presentations for conferences/workshops/special projects as required, checks work for quality/accuracy before distributing
- Prepares meeting agendas and provides any required background materials, transcribes and distributes minutes and follows up on action items
- Develops and maintains curriculum vitae in various formats and generates annual activity reports for multiple (internal / external) stakeholders
- Assists in the submission of grant applications to various funding agencies
- Coordinates and arranges all necessary travel for scientists and directors per ICES expense directives and provides an itinerary
- Coordinates the purchase of supplies for research projects, tracks all grant expenditures, ensures accuracy and prepares summary
- Processes reimbursements and prepares expense reports
- Conducts basic literature searches and enters reference material and citations into citation management software (e.g., EndNote)
- Assists in the preparation, editing, formatting and submission of investigative reports, manuscripts (in accordance with journal style), abstracts and teaching materials
- Drafts letters, correspondence and memoranda on behalf of scientists and directors, as required
- Responds to routine email and telephone inquiries, including coordination and preparation of any required mail-outs
- Creates and maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems for tracking and easy retrieval purposes
- Provides backup support for other members of the research administrative support team when required
- Attends and actively participates in monthly research administration committee meetings
- Performs other duties as appropriate and necessary for the efficient functioning of the Institute’s programs of research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- College diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a combination of post-secondary education and relevant experience
- Four years recent administrative experience, preferably in a research environment
- Fully proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (expert level), with superior calendar management and scheduling skills
- Citation management experience considered an asset (e.g. EndNote)
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities from multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to exercise discretion, tact and good judgment
- Working knowledge of medical and research terminology preferred
- Experience using SharePoint preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidence as required when interacting with stakeholders; ability to multi-task and work accurately and effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and remain composed in high-pressure situations.
This position is a full-time opportunity located at ICES Central in Toronto.
ICES offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position. Applications should be submitted to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Please quote job# RED-18-28
This position will be posted until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their needs known.