Data. Discovery. Better Health.
We’ve got the data. Only the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences holds all of Ontario’s 18 billion health related records – comprised of nearly a trillion data points!
We’ve made improvements to health. As a world-leading research institute, our trusted evidence changes policy and practice…and patient lives.
We need you for the discovery part.
Your skills, knowledge and curiosity can change the future of health care.
Come discover your value.
Functional Area: Technology
Reporting to the manager - application technology delivery, the application developer will be responsible for designing, programming, deploying, and supporting software applications at ICES.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Design, develop and implement software applications to meet business requirements and goals
- Provide application support, investigate application defects, identify the root cause of the issue, develop and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Provide architectural and programming technical expertise to the development team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases
- Participate in code walkthroughs to maintain development best practices and code optimization
- Analyze business processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement
- Create and maintain application design, implementation, and support documents
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced developers
- Keep current on knowledge of emerging technologies by reading professional publications, and participating in educational and training opportunities
- Other duties as may be assigned within the scope of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- University degree in computer sciences or related field
- IT industry certificates required such as MCPD on Visual Studio, SharePoint or SQL
- Eight years progressive software programming experience with latest Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET, CSS3, AJAX, HTML, JQuery, LINQ for Windows Client application, Web application and Web Service
- Strong working experience with object oriented design, design patterns, programming techniques, software design, and Internet technologies
- Experience with TFS Server, IIS Server, SQL Server and Windows Server
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as SharePoint and/or SiteCore would be an asset
- In-depth understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Previous experience with health care information systems is an asset.
This position is a full-time opportunity located at ICES Central in Toronto.
ICES offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Interested candidates should submit their resume, and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Please quote job# COR-18-13
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their needs known.