Analytic Epidemiologist (Two year, full-time contract)
The analytic epidemiologist works collaboratively with project teams conducting research through ICES. Provides project teams with expertise and knowledge in matters relating to data holdings. In collaboration with project teams, develops the various components of research plans that include data creation protocols, study designs, and analytical methods. Develops appropriate SAS programs and contributes in the preparation and publication of the results.
Salary Range: $26.27 - $36.99 (hourly)
Hours per week: 35
Purpose and Key Functions
- Provide expertise and content knowledge of ICES data holdings to project teams
- Collaborate with project teams in developing research plans that include data creation protocols, study designs, and innovative analytical methods suitable for data holdings
- Develop and execute advanced SAS programs that create study cohorts by extracting and merging data holdings according to the criteria agreed upon in data creation protocols
- Assess appropriateness and limitations of developed study cohorts
- Develop and execute advanced SAS programs that perform exploratory and statistical analysis on developed study cohorts in accordance with agreed upon research plans
- Prepare analytic outputs and accompanying interpretation of results for project teams
- Conduct mandated re-identification risk assessments on outputs and deliverables
- Contribute to writing of reports, abstracts, posters, presentations, peer-reviewed publications and other deliverables
- Monitor project timelines in collaboration with project team members and ICES staff
- Create and maintain proper documentation that accompanies preparation and execution of each research project to ensure reproducibility and transparency
- Contribute towards the development, documentation, and sharing of knowledge with regards to datasets, study designs, and statistical methodologies through committees, presentations, and organizational tools such as wiki, data dictionary, and data blog
- Participate in educational activities and opportunities to improve analytical knowledge base.
- No formal supervision of others is required
- Occasionally provide orientation and show procedures to others.
- Master's degree in statistics or related field of study
- Requires two years of relevant experience
- Experience with SAS programming and data management, including SAS SQL and macro language
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- An aptitude for research methodology and attention to detail
- Experience in the health services research sector
- Comprehensive understanding of the use of administrative data in health services research
- Knowledge of ICES data holdings
- Strong knowledge of analytic methods applied to health services research
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to manage and prioritize workload responsibilities and timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated initiative in the workplace
- Experience overseeing and reviewing analytical work of others.
This role is a two year full-time contract located at ICES McMaster in Hamilton.
For any questions or more information, contact:
Manager, ICES McMaster