- ICES Queen's
- Cardiovascular Research Program
- Research Fellowship, Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of Western Ontario
- FRCPC, Cardiology, Queen's University
- FRCPC, Internal Medicine, Queen's University
- MD, Dalhousie University
- BSc, University of New Brunswick
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Access to health care
- Health policy/reform
- Executive Vice-President, Medical, Ontario Health
- Professor of Medicine, Vice-Dean (clinical), School of Medicine, and Chief of Cardiology, Queen's University
- Medical Director, Cardiac Programs, Kingston General Hospital and Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston
- Medical Director, Southeastern Ontario Academic Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Association representative to the World Medical Association (as of 2017)
- Past-President (2014-15), Canadian Medical Association
Recent ICES Grants
Principal investigators: Johri A, Simpson C
Queen's University Department of Medicine,
Principal investigator: Johnson A, Dowlatshahi D, Schulman S
Canadian Institutes of Health Research,
Co-investigators: Giulivi A, Heddle N, Holbrook A, Simpson C, Wells P, Xu Y
Medical Staff Association Outstanding Clinician of the Year Award
2017: Awarded to Dr. Chris Simpson by the Hotel Dieu Hospital and Kingston General Hospital's Medical Staff Association. This award honours medical staff members in good standing with five or more years of service who demonstrate outstanding contributions to the medical community.
Medical Post Power List
2015: Dr. Chris Simpson included in the Medical Post's "Power List" of the 30 most powerful physicians in Canada, identified through a survey of their peers. The list was included in the 50th anniversary issue of the journal published in September.
Recent ICES Publications
Johri AM, Lajkosz KA, Grubic N, Islam S, Li TY, Simpson CS, Ewart P, Suri JS, Hétu M. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2021; Jan 27 [Epub ahead of print]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10554-020-02144-5
Xu Y, Schulman S, Dowlatshahi D, Holbrook AM, Simpson CS, Shepherd LE, Wells PS, Giulivi A, Gomes T, Mamdani M, Frymire E, Khan S, Johnson AP; Bleeding Effected by Direct Oral Anticoagulants (BLED-AC) Study Group. Thromb Res. 2019; 182:12-9. Epub 2019 Aug 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.thromres.2019.07.026.
Xu Y, Schulman S, Dowlatshahi D, Holbrook AM, Simpson CS, Shepherd LE, Wells PS, Giulivi A, Gomes T, Mamdani M, Khuu W, Frymire E, Johnson AP; Bleeding Effected by Direct Oral Anticoagulants (BLED-AC) Study Group. Chest. 2017; 152(1):81-91. Epub 2017 Feb 17.