- ICES Queen's
- Primary Care & Population Health Research Program
- MSc, Clinical Epidemiology, McMaster University
- CCFP, College of Family Physicians of Canada
- MD, McMaster University
- BSc, McMaster University
- Primary care/Clinical practice
- Chronic diseases and conditions
- Medical informatics
- Health services research
- Professor of Family Medicine, Queen's University
- Professor of Public Health Sciences, Queen's University
- Director of the Centre for Studies in Primary Care, Queen's University
- Walter Rosser Chair in Family Medicine, Queen's University
- Family Physician, Queen's Family Health Team
Walter Rosser Chair in Family Medicine Research
2017: Dr. Richard Birtwhistle was named to the Chair by Queen's University. The Chair is for a five-year appointment beginning January 1, 2017.
Lifetime Achievement Award in Family Medicine Research
2015: Awarded to Dr. Richard Birtwhistle by The College of Family Physicians of Canada. The award honours individuals who are trailblazers and leaders in family medicine research.
Top 20 Pioneers in Family Medicine Research in Canada
2015: Dr. Richard Birtwhistle recognized by The College of Family Physicians of Canada for his work with the Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN), a pan-Canadian network of practitioners with electronic medical records (EMRs).
Recent ICES Publications
Green ME, Harris SB, Webster-Bogaert S, Han H, Kotecha J, Kopp A, Ho MM, Birtwhistle RV, Glazier RH. CMAJ Open. 2017; 5(2):E281-9.
Green ME, Hogg W, Savage C, Johnston S, Russell G, Jaakkimainen RL, Glazier RH, Barnsley J, Birtwhistle R. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12:214. Epub 2012 Jul 23.