- ICES Queen's
- Primary Care & Population Health Research Program
- MSc, Clinical Epidemiology, McMaster University
- CCFP, College of Family Physicians of Canada
- MD, McMaster University
- BSc, McMaster University
- Primary care/Clinical practice
- Chronic diseases and conditions
- Medical informatics
- Health services research
- Professor of Family Medicine, Queen's University
- Professor of Public Health Sciences, Queen's University
- Director of the Centre for Studies in Primary Care, Queen's University
- Family Physician, Queen's Family Health Team
Top 20 Pioneers in Family Medicine Research in Canada
2015: Dr. Richard Birtwhistle recognized by The College of Family Physicians of Canada for his work with the Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN), a pan-Canadian network of practitioners with electronic medical records (EMRs).
College of Family Physicians of Canada Researcher of the Year Award
2010: Dr. Richard Birtwhistle was the recipient the College of Family Physicians of Canada Researcher of the Year award to recognize the success of the Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN) as a force for primary care research.
Recent ICES Publications
Green ME, Hogg W, Savage C, Johnston S, Russell G, Jaakkimainen RL, Glazier RH, Barnsley J, Birtwhistle R. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12:214. Epub 2012 Jul 23.